Team Dunedawg is the new section to our Tribe, only this time for folks that just love to get out running, socialising, training & racing with their best friends..!
Ever since the creation of Team Dunerunner, we've always been open too, and have positively invited folks to come to our Events and Social runs with their Dawgs - as we believe that the outdoors, running and the very beautiful environments that we spend a lot of our time having fun in is also a perfect place for people to not only enjoy it with humans, but to also embrace this with their best friends!
We are very happy to announce that we now have a dedicated Team to cater for people just like you, people who love the outdoors but also don't want to leave their best friends behind - therefore we have created 'TEAM DUNDAWG' - our specialist 'Canicross Team'
What is Canicross...? (AWESOME - that's what it is.....!)
Canicross is the sport of off-road running with your dog (or dogs). Having originated in Europe as off-season training for the sledding community, it has become popular as a stand-alone sport all over Europe especially here in the UK where it is one of the fastest growing sectors to come out of running.
Canicross can be run with one or two dogs, always attached to the runner. The runner typically wears a waist belt, the dog a harness, and the two are joined by a bungee cord or elastic line that reduces shock to both human and dog when the dog pulls – an boy can some of those dogs pull…!
Any type of dog can be taken out and trained to run in a harness and to take part in Canicross events & activities. Not only can all breeds run but also people of all ages and abilities can take part and some breeds of dog are very well suited to not only running and pulling but running at steady pace over a long distance.
Canicross encourages people and their dogs to take part in an outdoor activity and to meet other likeminded individuals – which is one of the parts that we quite simply love…!
So what's the deal...?
Dunerunner has now well over 100 members since our creation in the summer of 2016 and is affiliated with A.R.C - the Association of Running Clubs in the UK. (we choose A.R.C due to their support of Trail Running and also the inclusion of Canicross - unlike Athletics England). This is your opportunity to register with us, reap all the benefits of being a member of our Team, and to be proud to register at events as being part of 'Team Dunedawg!'
Not only can you register as 'Team Dunedawg' at events, but you'll also be entitled to all of the following perks which we feel are worth joining alone!
- Become a member of a 'Friendly Tribe' of 'Off-Road Runners' & 'Outdoor Lovers'
- Gain 'Team' benefits by association to A.R.C (Association of Running Clubs)
- Be proud to train and attend races in your custom 'Team Dunedawg' shirt (free with membership)
- Attend our 'Social Runs' which will be held at various venues each session, plus they will always end at a pub for a social drink afterwards!
- Have access to 'Exclusive Team Member' savings on all products on the Dunerunner Online Store - Always..!
- Dunerunner Clothing and Accessories, TORQ Nutrition, GORE Running Clothing, Dryrobe, Exposure Head Torches, Lovejoys
- Discounted entry to all Dunerunner events
- Have the ability to also wear the shirt of our Trial Running Team - 'TEAM DUNERUNNER' (click here for Team Dunerunner)
CAN I BE A MEMBER OF BOTH TEAM DUNEDAWG & TEAM DUNERUNNER...?
- The answer is quite simple - YES
- If you join one Team (Team Dunedawg or Team Dunerunner) - you automatically gain membership to both for the one annual fee - all you will need to do is buy the additional shirt or vest.
- So - if it's a Running only Human Event - then Team Dunerunner shirt applies - If it's a Canicross Event - then Team Dunedawg - Simples...!
Our aim is not to to be as formal as some organisations can be, I guess that's why we love to run off-road & outdoors, but to be free of all the things that interfere with a clean mind - or to clear our minds! This is why we're known as a 'Tribe' - to promote a sense of 'community' and belonging but without the formalisations that organisations can, or feel they need to bring.
Our aim is to be a fun, social bunch who just love running in the free and mind expanding elements of the great outdoors!
Anyone is welcome to join - regardless of location or even if you're a member of 10 other clubs - it doesn't matter we'd love you to join and feel part of our running community - WE ARE EXPANDING TO OTHER AREAS - SO WATCH THIS SPACE..!
If you would like to join our 'Dunerunner Tribe' and be proud to train and race as 'Team Dunerdawg' - then please click the link below and we will do the rest:
If you're not local to us to join in the social runs - then join us anyway, reap the benefits and let us know what you're up to via our Social Media channels: Twitter - DunerunnerRaces // Facebook - Dunerunner Races