The Nelson Knee-Knobbler - 6th October 2018
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler - 6th October 2018
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler - Race 3 - Series Final
Saturday 6th October 2018, The Beach, Sea Palling Village, Norfolk, NR12 0AL
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler - Beach & Dune Race
Saturday 6th October 2018
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler - Event 3 and Series Final
After the amazing success of the 1st Nelson Knee-Knobbler in October 2014 - the feedback was so great from everyone who ran and such a fantastic time was had by all - we’ve decided to put on an annual 3-race series!
This the last in our 2018 NKK events is to take place in the beautiful setting of Sea Palling, Norfolk - but don't let the beauty of the last race in the series detract form the course - it's a bit of a bugger..!
The event starts outside of the 'Reef's Bar' and finishes, right in the sand - right on the beach, and a stones throw from the water!
The course takes in some of the most beautiful sights that the Norfolk coast has to offer. You’ll run along the edges of the beach, where the sand is lapped up by the constant progression of the water, and with your toes inches from it's constant advance.
These event are as challenging as YOU want to make them - run hard, and the sand will keep you in check! Run leisurely, the you'll enjoy the scenery whilst getting a super workout at the some time! Those 'Going Short' will do 1 lap of the course, whereas the more adventurous of you can 'Go Long' and complete 2 laps!
This course is super spectator friendly given the multi-lap format and it's total accessibility to the entire course. Plus, this is a 'competitor, mentally challenging' course - as when your friends & family are shouting & yelling to you with support and encouragement - your competitor is either behind you, breathing down you neck - or, they've already made the turn and will be running in the opposite direction - eyeballing you as you pass!
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler events are truly amazing, beautiful, challenging, highly unique and above all HUGE FUN...!
The Nelson Knee-Knobbler races are fast becoming ‘must do events’ - so book up now and experience the wonders of the Dunes…!
Why not also pick up a Dunerunner #getsomesandybits Tech-T in either Vibrant Orange or Stealth Black...! Only £12.50 (normal price £15.00 & posted out in advance - free...!)
What's in it for 2018
- Groovy race medal
- Electronic Timing with results uploaded soon after event
- 4x4 advanced medical cover (Just in case..!)
- Overall Prizes for Series Winners
- Entries Close at midnight on Thursday 4th October 2018
- Age Limits:
- Minimum age is 10 years old and then with the below stipulations.
- 10-13 - 5k only with Adult supervision
- 14-16 - 5k only unsupervised
- 16-18 - 10k with parental permission
- 18+ - All ages & distance.
- Registration is from 09:00 on race day, Saturday 6th October.
- Bacon Rolls available to buy before the race from The Sea Palling beach cafe & Cavery Lunch from the Reefs Bar.
- Parking on the large NNDC Long Stay carpark & hardstanding for motorcycles.
- Compulsory race briefing at 10:30 – all competitors must attend this
- Race start at 11.00
- And above all, FUN must be had by all...!
- If you are entering into a Canicross category, please note that due to the nature of the course and some narrow pathways, running 1 dog (as opposed to 2) is highly advisable.
- The temperature on the day may affect your ability to run your dog - this decision is to be determined by the the race director and in discussion with owners/runners of the dog on the day - if too warm, you can always run without in the non-dog categories.
- If entering a Canicross category:
- PLEASE READ EVENT RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ENTRY.
Here in true Nelson Knee-Knobbler style is the route map - The course will be highly signed, marked & marshalled - but please try to mentally devour as much as possible in advance...!
We would love to invite you to join our 'Dunerunner Community' - become affiliated, enjoy savings and receive benefits - Plus, and more importantly - have the ability to enter races & events and be proud to be part of a friendly community of 'Off-Road running enthusiasts' and become one big 'Team Dunerunner..!'
WANNA GET DOWN WITH THE DUNERUNNER CREW.... HOW ABOUT ADDING SOME COOL SANDY KIT OR JOIN TEAM DUNERUNNER WHEN YOU ENTER...?
Entrants may swap or hand over entries to other runners/participants should they not be in a position to run the event - however we must be informed of this in advance by email.
There can be no refunds issued on entry fees if notification of not intending to run is received within the last three weeks of the event date.
For all email correspondence: email@example.com